ParlAmericas – the network of the national legislatures of member states of the Organization of American States (OAS) – serves as an independent forum for parliamentarians of the Americas and the Caribbean committed to cooperative political dialogue and participation in the inter-American system. Since 2001, ParlAmericas has created a supportive professional community for parliamentarians through regional forums, training opportunities, year-round discussions, and follow-up actions. ParlAmericas is a space to share experiences and best practices on issues of hemispheric concern and to strengthen the ties between the countries of the hemisphere through parliamentary diplomacy.
ParlAmericas is managed by parliamentarians for parliamentarians, with a current board of directors comprising 18 parliamentarians representing 16 member legislatures from North, South, and Central America and the Caribbean.
- To contribute to the development of inter-parliamentary dialogue in dealing with issues on the hemispheric agenda
- To increase the sharing of experiences, dialogue, and inter-parliamentary cooperation on issues of common interest to member states
- To help strengthen the role of the legislative branch in democracy, and in the promotion and defence of democracy and human rights
- To promote the harmonization of legislation, and development of legislation among member states
- To contribute to the process of integration as one of the most appropriate instruments for sustainable and harmonious development in the hemisphere
On behalf of ParlAmericas, I am pleased to welcome you to our website, where information about our activities can be found. You will find here the framework for and diversity of the work that our parliamentary forum carries out.
This website will provide everyone who is interested in learning more about us - from member legislatures to other visitors - with information about our activities and work. This includes resolutions resulting from the dialogue of the hemisphere's parliamentarians on topics impacting the daily life of our citizens, as well as relevant issues on the international agenda.
I hope that you will find this website useful.
You can reach me at email@example.com.
President of ParlAmericas