Bogota, Colombia19th ParlAmericas Plenary Assembly and the 14th Gathering of the ParlAmericas Parliamentary Network for Gender Equality (Date: November 30-December 2)
During the Plenary Assembly, elections will be held for certain positions on the Board of Directors. Nominations received can be found below.
- Senator Blanca Ovelar (Paraguay)
- Speaker of the House of Representatives Bridgid Annisette-George (Trinidad and Tobago)
- Representative of the Caribbean
- Representative of North America
- Representative of South America
- Representative of Central America
PRESS RELEASE (1)
PRESS RELEASE (2)
RESOURCES ON CARE ECONOMY
- Towards the Construction of Comprehensive Care Systems in Latin America and the Caribbean: Elements of Implementation, UN Women and ECLAC, 2021
- The Care Economy in Latin America: Putting Care at the Centre of the Agenda, Valeria Esquival, ILO, 2011
- The Care Economy in the New Social Contract by Gender in Latin America Working Group, IDRC, 2022
- Unpaid Carework: The Missing Link in the Analysis of Gender Gaps in Labour Outcomes, OECD, 2014
- Care in Latin America and the Caribbean during the COVID-19: Towards comprehensive systems to strengthen and response and recovery, ECLAC, 2020
- The Effect of Women’s Economic Power in Latin America and the Caribbean, The World Bank, 2012
- Caring in Times of COVID-19: A global study on the impact of the pandemic on care work and gender equality, ECLAC,, 2022
- Towards a Care Society: The Contributions of the Regional Gender Agenda to sustainable development, ECLAC, 2021
- Methodological guide on time-use measurements in Latin America and the Caribbean, ECLAC, 2022
- The COVID-19 Pandemic is exacerbating the care crisis in Latin America and the Caribbean, ECLAC, 2020
- Inter-American Model Law on Care, OAS and CIM, 2022
RESOURCES ON PARLIAMENTARY DIPLOMACY
- Parliamentary Diplomacy: the Canadian Approach. Kinsella and Milliken. 2007.
- Parliamentary Diplomacy. Weisglas and de Boer. 2007.
- Legislative Diplomacy. Scoville. 2013.
- White paper on parliamentary diplomacy: Strategic actions. Chamber of Deputies of Mexico. 2021. (in Spanish)
- The role of parliamentary diplomacy in a world marked by insecurity. Salimena and Teruggi. Institute of International Relations. University of La Plata. (in Spanish)
- Parliamentary diplomacy. Burgos and Riffo. Chilean Senate. 2014. (in Spanish)
- Parliamentary diplomacy in an uncertain world. Systemic restructuring as a challenge and opportunity. Giglio. 2021. (in Spanish)
Lima, PeruHigh-level Parliamentary Dialogue | Consolidating the Full Political Participation of Women: Building Consensus
AGENDA (in Spanish)
Virtual meetingEffective Engagement in Parliamentary Processes | A series of virtual workshops for women’s organisations in the Caribbean - Workshop 1: Parliamentary Advocacy