Objectives of the meeting: to discuss the preparations for the forthcoming Plenary Assembly and determine a basis for establishing a permanent secretariat for FIPA.
The members of the Executive Committee considered it appropriate to express their support for democratic institutions in Colombia and their support of the work of the Secretary General of the OAS in Venezuela.
Objectives of the meeting: to discuss the process of ratifying the Rome Statute on the International Criminal Court and preparations for the upcoming Plenary Assembly, to define FIPA strategies and priorities, to establish a permanent technical secretariat, to review the Virtual Parliament of the Americas Project and to select a new FIPA logo.
Security in the New Millenium: The Role of Legislators in Enhancing Security in the Hemisphere
- To discuss security in the new millennium and the role of legislators in ensuring greater security in the hemisphere
- To develop recommendations for the hemisphere’s parliaments
- Legal Instruments for Security Matters
- The Issue of Organized Crime
- Migration and Frontiers
- Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA)
Objectives of the meeting: to discuss preparations for the upcoming Plenary Assembly, and to consider requests for special observer status from the Andean Parliament and COPA.