16th Plenary Assembly - Asuncion, Paraguay 2019
Asuncion, Paraguay16th Plenary Assembly
SOCIAL MEDIA: #ParlAmericas2019 #ParlAmericasSDG
Session 1: Examining regional progress in implementing the Sustainable Development Goals from the parliamentary perspective:
- Examining regional progress in implementing the SDGs from the parliamentary perspective. Emanuele Sapienza, Policy Advisor, Governance, UNDP Regional Center in Panama.
Session 2: From words to action – Case studies on how parliaments have adapted and are making progress to achieve the 2030 Agenda:
- Agenda 2030 in the Legislative Assembly of Costa Rica: Progress and Challenges. Nielsen Perez, Member of the Legislative Assembly (Costa Rica).
- Monitoring the SDGs through an Open Parliament. Blanca Ovelar, Senator (Paraguay).
Session 3: Gender equality: An essential condition for achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals:
- Gender equality: An essential condition for achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Senator Rosa Gálvez (Canada).
- Gender equality: an essential condition for achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals \Target 5.3: Child, early and forced marriage (CEFM). Dosia Calderón, Senior Officer for Latin America and the Caribbean, Girls Not Brides.
- Land Tenure & Gender: Promoting Equity & Climate Resilience through Landownership. Ayesha Constable, Advisor to FRIDA and the Young Feminist Fund, Caribbean Representative of the Sustainable Development Solutions Youth Network.
- From silence to word ... from word to action. Melania Canales, President of the National Organization of Andean and Amazonian Indigenous Women of Peru.
Session 4: Encouraging partnerships and collaborative work for a sustainable future:
- The participation of the Private Sector in the Implementation of the SDGs. Jessica Domínguez, Sustainable Development Division of Allcot.
- Encouraging partnerships and collaborative work for a sustainable future. Emanuele Sapienza, Policy Advisor, Governance, UNDP Regional Center in Panama.
- Agenda 2030 – Sustainable Development Goals in Paraguay. Fabián Forestieri, Director of Interinstitutional Relations of the office of the Comptroller General of the Republic.
- Dataset on parliamentary involvement in SDG monitoring. Fotios Fitsilis and Eleni Zisioglu, 2019.
- Engaging parliaments on the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs: representation, accountability and implementation: A handbook for civil society. Together 2030, Newcastle University, Philippine Social Enterprise Network, Sightsavers, World Vision, Global Focus, and UNDP, 2018.
- Fiscal Policy and Development: Human, Social, and Physical Investment for the SDGs. Vitor Gaspar, David Amaglobeli, Mercedes GarciaEscribano, Delphine Prady, and Mauricio Soto, 2019.
- Guide for parliamentary engagement in implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the sustainable development goals (sdgs). UN SDG Action Campaign and The Rockfeller Foundation, 2016.
- Montevideo Strategy for Implementation of the Regional Gender Agenda within the Sustainable Development Framework by 2030. NU and CEPAL, 2017.
- Parliamentary engagement with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). ADB, 2017.
- Parliamentary Oversight of Sustianble Development Goals and the Application of Post-Legislative Scrutiny Principles. Fotios Fitisilis and Franklin De Vrieze, 2019.
- Parliaments and the Sustainable Development Goals: A self-assessment toolkit. IPU and UNDP, 2016.
- SDG institutionality in Latin America: Advances at the first year of the 2030 Agenda. Cepei, 2017.
- Second annual report on regional progress and challenges in relation to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development in Latin America and the Caribbean. ECLAC, 2018.
- The 2030 Agenda and the Sustainable Development Goals: An opportunity for Latin America and the Caribbean. ECLAC, 2018.
During the Plenary Assembly, elections will be held for certain positions on the Board of Directors. Nominations received can be found below.
- Representative of Central America
- Representative of the Caribbean
Representative of South America
Host of the 17th ParlAmericas Plenary Assembly
Workshop: Monitoring Progress Towards SDGS through Public Spending
- Parliamentary fiscal scrutiny and SDGs: Money as a lens for progress. Helaina Gaspard, Director of Governance and Institutions, Institute for Fiscal Studies and Democracy (IFSD) of the University of Ottawa.
- Monitoring the SDGs through the National Budget from the Senate of Paraguay. Senator Stephan Rassmusen (Paraguay).
- Supporting Parliamentary Scrutiny of Public Spending to Achieve the SDGs. Maria Eugenia David Du Mutel de Pierrepont, Director of Studies, Analysis and Evaluation, Budget Office of the Congress of Argentina.